Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and implementation for natural resource management programs enables us to assess whether the work being undertaken is effective. It allows us to demonstrate how a program is helping to achieve NSW and Australian targets for environmental improvements.
We collect, analyse and report on the evidence of progress towards meeting our goals. These are regularly evaluated to see whether our programs are:
- meeting local people's needs
- efficiently achieving program's goals and
- effective in improving productivity and the condition of our natural resources.
Monitoring and evaluation is critical for:
- evaluating our performance against performance targets
- adaptive management of actions, including on-ground works
- communicating the condition of natural resources, and
- demonstrating accountability for our activities to the community and to those organisations who have provided funding