Landscape Connectivity Program
The purpose of the Landscape Connectivity Program is to enhance landscape connectivity across the Murray region to improve ecosystem resilience.
Our investment approach combines on-ground works with awareness-raising and capacity-building activities. Our principles for investment are:
- Align with Murray Local Strategic Plan and Murray Catchment Action Plan
- Utilise Murray Biodiversity Management Plan data (native vegetation repair and actively manage priority areas)
- Plan using a Local Landscape focus
- Collaborate and partner with the community wherever possible
Our focus over the medium term covers the following priorities:
- Improving native vegetation extent, condition and configuration in “repair” areas identified in the Murray Biodiversity Management Plan.
- Focus on the Holbrook, Eastern Riverina and Berriquin-Tuppal-Bullatale Landscapes, matching investment approaches for the different areas to local needs, capacity and other external investment.
See more on our Landscape Connectivity Program on the Australian Government’s MERIT website.