Building Resilient Farms for the future
25 Sep 2019 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
Deniliquin Football Club (Rams Clubroom)
ONLY 80 TICKETS AVAILABLE! Cost is $20.
To book your ticket, click here
Resilient Farms for the Future will be the second event in a three-part Resilience Drought Support Series delivered by Edward River Council under the Drought Communities Programme.
This event will be an empowering and informative dinner event for the rural, farming and agribusiness community focussed on diversification, farm financial management and resilience. Each of the presentations and workshops will enable producers to develop key skills around business development and resilience to take with them into their farm businesses and give them direction for the future.
The event ticket includes dinner and soft drinks, and other drinks are available at the bar.
Dr. David McKinna
- David will speak about the findings from the Airport Upgrade study and share opportunities for future agricultural production and diversification in the region. His insights are not to be missed no matter what you produce,
- Dr David McKinna has had over 30 years of business and has worked across virtually every agrifood sector. He devised the business case for Meat Standards Australia, established Australia’s first livestock reporting services and has advised boards of Elders, Nufarm, Landmark, Incitec Pivot and many others.
Warren Davies – The Unbreakable Farmer
- Resilience, Persistence and Determination are the words to describe Warren Davies. He is a husband, father of 5, son, brother, mate, and normal bloke down the road.
- Warren’s authentic, inspiring and sometimes confronting presentations are filled with take home strategies developed from his business and life journey. Warren receives incredible feedback from his honest presentations and this one event not to be missed.
Simon Fritsch - AgriPath
- Local producers will also hear from Tamworth based, Simon Fritsch. He will be discussing farm financial viability in a climate of increased variability. Simon is the founder and owner of AgriPath, one of the pre-eminent agricultural benchmarking businesses in Australia.
- Attendees will also hear in-depth insights from their experience with over 300 farm businesses across the country - a rare opportunity.
The event Master of Ceremonies will be Emily Small.